The Mountaineer Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

alexzimmr

Mar 4, 2021
West Virginia
So I have this wood stove in my cabin and I’m wondering if anybody at all knows where it was made from and who made it.

I’ve been dying to figure it out but there’s no results or any information I can find on it.

Any help appreciated
7C8FF3E1-639D-48BE-B5D0-EF2D8D5C0C22.jpeg7070C773-7BD6-4C8E-9808-349E43C91734.jpeg1BC07E08-566D-48F4-A3BE-CCCCEA3FE41E.jpeg

I don't know the history, but the stove pipe is wrong. Galvanized pipe should not be used and it appears to be installed upside-down. The crimped end should point to the stove.

Reactions: alexzimmr
I don't know the history, but the stove pipe is wrong. Galvanized pipe should not be used and it appears to be installed upside-down. The crimped end should point to the stove.
Yeah it was already like that when we bought the cabin. I wanna refinish the stove and give it to a friend. Thanks for the info though!

This stove pops up now and again. It is one of many Fisher-style copies popular during the 70s.