"The Official Show Off Your Hearth Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
18,901
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Krisrob said:
Wish i could say this was mine. But two weeks of solid work I feel like i can say a part of it is.
Very nice . . . looks sharp.
 
O

oldspark

Guest
SKIN052 said:
First Fire!!!! Just got it installed today.
Very nice, I hope you like your summit, I am still learning and really wont know anything till next winter (which I am looking forward to I think).
 

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
798
Appleton, Newfoundland
oldspark said:
SKIN052 said:
First Fire!!!! Just got it installed today.
Very nice, I hope you like your summit, I am still learning and really wont know anything till next winter (which I am looking forward to I think).
So far so good. The bricks were very wet on the first light but dried up quick. My wood supply is not the best right now but I should be good to go next winter.
 

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
7,360
NW Ontario
fyrwoodguy said:
I'm just wondering why you're warming up that piston on the stove and would like to see the saw that came out of.

My apologies for posting to such an old thread. OOPS!
 

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
722
Central NC
LLigetfa said:
fyrwoodguy said:
I'm just wondering why you're warming up that piston on the stove and would like to see the saw that came out of.

My apologies for posting to such an old thread. OOPS!
Don't apologize, this is the first time I've seen this thread and enjoyed it immensly. I'm sure there are others out there enjoying it as well.

Since I didn't see any winner declared, I'll throw my hearth in the ring as well. Installed Jan '11 and reinstalled with liner in Dec '12 sans surround.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: ColdNH


1/4 in. Hot Rolled Steel hearth over 1/4 in. Hardibacker
Ceramic tile fireback over 1/2 in. asbestos (I was told)
Basket of 100% organic, all natural fire starters
Push-button ignition system (no kerosene here!)
 

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
1,879
South Central Indiana
Basement setup in Progress. Need to get my wall built.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: ColdNH

Branson4720

Burning Hunk
Krisrob said:
Wish i could say this was mine. But two weeks of solid work I feel like i can say a part of it is.

Absolutely Beautiful! :)
 

Dirtsurgeon

New Member
Jun 11, 2011
62
Mojave Desert
Dieselhead said:
First night in new house, felt great!!

Congrats on the new place Dieselhead, it looks awesome.

Just one thing.......Dude, straighten the TV. :cheese:
(or lean the house)

Nice looking place.

Dirt
 
W

WellSeasoned

Guest
Stove is down to coals and its 45 deg f out, so I'm not lighting again until the evening, but heres the set up


 

Dieselhead

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2011
625
connecticut
Dirtsurgeon said:
Dieselhead said:
First night in new house, felt great!!

Congrats on the new place Dieselhead, it looks awesome.

Just one thing.......Dude, straighten the TV. :cheese:
(or lean the house)

Nice looking place.

Dirt
Tv is on a pivot mount makes it look crooked your not the only one to say that though!
 

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
1,803
WNY
BRL said:
Here is our cookstove that we installed in Nov. 09'.
LOVE THIS!!!

Here's a pic of ours, need one a little further out but I don't want to show off the dog noses on the glass on the doors, lol
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: ColdNH

etiger2007

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2012
1,255
Clio Michigan
lots of beautiful stoves wish i could post mine but it says they are to big. Dutch West with bulldogs lol
 

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
872
Mid-coast Maine
New last fall,love this stove.Gonna get that grill insert.Sorry for the pic of me,only 1 i have i guess that shows the setup after we hooked it up.
 

Attachments

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
8,450
Salem NH
Hello

Here are my 3.

1. Our LivingRoom Heat N Glow SL-550-TRS-D LP Gas Fireplace

2. Our Travis Avalon Astoria Wood Pellet Stove in our Basement

3. Our Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 FS Wood Pellet Stove in our shed
 

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.