The three year plan....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First winter in this house, new stove, and then a hard winter to boot! I'm working at it to get as much CSS as possible. I'll get to 3 years eventually but need to know what 1 "typical" year will take!
Figure 4 cords/year to be safe.

Step 1 getting the wood, step 2 getting the bug, step 3 do what you can when you can, it all adds up, I did mine little by little last year, I worked alot of hours and had 3 kids doing travel ball, I still split 4 cords by hand, got axe arm,and then got a splitter, it doesn't end when you start and get bit by the bug.....

First winter in this house, new stove, and then a hard winter to boot! I'm working at it to get as much CSS as possible. I'll get to 3 years eventually but need to know what 1 "typical" year will take!
Well this is it...... This is the wake up call that we all need, who says that it couldn't get worse? We have been spoiled the past few years.... Just another reason to be on the 3 year plan.....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.