The winter that wont end

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to siphon gas out of the motorcycle for the snowblower yesterday to finish blowing out the driveway to County Road. I called county to warn them of the mountain of snow. They shoved a V-plow in and took another half hour to get it out. Took them 3/4 hour to do 400ft of road. This morning was sunny but 8 below and thats 30 degrees below normal. We may not see a 50 degree temp before April. Looks like I will consuming at least 5 tons of pellets. Have to make some tree taps and tap some trees as it would be very long flow.

The neighbor's ancient tractor couldn't make it back up his hill. Ran the snowblower through the area a couple of times to cut into what got left behind on his trip down. He was having a lousy day - newer snowblower blew a plug and seized when he was snowblowing the night before (dark so unable to see the oil flying) and the starter was gone on his old beast.

You are all jumping the gun. April is the suckiest month here, damp and cold. Wake me up the end of April for the real nice weather in MAY! We got 3" of snow to cover everything up again yesterday. I will start some seeds for the garden this weekend, inside of course.

I lived in Madison, WI in the late 70's and the coldest I experience was -34F with a -72F wind chill. Yeah, after -10F below, its all the same and just a number! :eek:

Amen, Adios! .... The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
Henry Van Dyke

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
Henry Van Dyke

Good quote and it says it all ... hoping that first spring day gets here soon. It stays cooler here until break-up on the lake - usually the start of May. Seems so far away:(

Reactions: gbreda
Is it the first day of spring or really the last day/week/month of winter? Cause I see chit in this weeks and next forcast. I ain't over just yet IMHO. <>

Al Gore must be in New England? :mad:

I think you're correct. I heard Al stuck his head out of the ground and didn't see his shadow. I know, their is a rodent joke in here someplace and some beings don't cast a shadow. Still!

Status
Not open for further replies.