There's no such thing as brand loyalty anymore!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EatenByLimestone said:
http://albany.craigslist.org/tls/1663878280.html

Interesting chain choice! :lol:

Matt

Because its the best and husky doesnt make chains.

crs7300 said:
I buy Husky chains every year. It's all I use
Let me be the first to offer my condolences.

Stihl makes the best chain.

Period.

LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

Oh boy...not sure how the hell I am ripping through wood with my Husky and Husky chains. FUnny stuff...

CTwoodburner said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

Oh boy...not sure how the hell I am ripping through wood with my Husky and Husky chains. FUnny stuff...

I am pretty sure husky chain is Oregon chain

CTwoodburner said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

I guess you can't miss what you never had.

LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

ok eye'll bite!
Oregami makem duh best chain! Mmmmm Hmmmmmmm!!!!!

ApproximateLEE said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

ok eye'll bite!

lgx?

I have a ? Does Oregon chain ever stop stretching????

I have been running a loop on that 064 and it keeps loosening up just enough to hit the chain catcher...Nope not the bar just brake in on the chain...Today it hit hard enough to damage the chain put a bur on half the dl..Now it wont fit back in the bar...I have been happy with the chain holing a edge...

smokinjay said:
ApproximateLEE said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

ok eye'll bite!

lgx?

LP only . It rocks!

southbound said:

I have been running a loop on that 064 and it keeps loosening up just enough to hit the chain catcher...Nope not the bar just brake in on the chain...Today it hit hard enough to damage the chain put a bur on half the dl..Now it wont fit back in the bar...I have been happy with the chain holing a edge...

Try setting the tip of your bar up on a chunk of wood so that the bottom of the powerhead doesn't lay flat. Go ahead and tighten your chain up good and snug in this position and also tighten you sproket cover bolts down in this position while putting some down pressure on front handle. Call me in the morning.
Oregami chain does stretch pretty good during the first hour on a new chain but after that I've not seen much stretch.

smokinjay said:
ApproximateLEE said:
smokinjay said:
ApproximateLEE said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300" date="1269818652 said:

Period.

ok eye'll bite!

lgx?

LP only . It rocks!

you buy a roll way back?

Nah ,,, you can still get it.

http://www.gksales.net/

Goto bar and saw chain page. 20" $11.95 loop. CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! You owe me a beer.

ApproximateLEE said:
smokinjay said:
ApproximateLEE said:
smokinjay said:
ApproximateLEE said:
LLigetfa" date="1269819757 said:
crs7300" date="1269818652 said:

Period.

ok eye'll bite!

lgx?

LP only . It rocks!

you buy a roll way back?

Nah ,,, you can still get it.

A lot of peolpe love that lgx havent seen one yet. lp where you finding that?

ApproximateLEE said:
http://www.gksales.net/

Goto bar and chain page for LP.

he must of stock piled it lgx should be pretty close

ApproximateLEE said:
southbound said:

Try setting the tip of your bar up on a chunk of wood so that the bottom of the powerhead doesn't lay flat. Go ahead and tighten your chain up good and snug in this position and also tighten you sproket cover bolts down in this position while putting some down pressure on front handle. Call me in the morning.
Oregami chain does stretch pretty good during the first hour on a new chain but after that I've not seen much stretch.

Do I have to use a block of wood???

Only asking cause I have been pulling up the nose of my bars with my hands for years..I don't think this is user error. After the oregon chain failed I switched to a 8 pin with a stihl 72 dl for the rest of the day and the chain never came loose....Come to think of it the stihl chain on my 038 didn't loosen up either.... In fact I never seem to have trouble with stihl chain coming loose...

Again I have been impressed with how well the oregon chain has held a edge..6 or 7 tanks and it's still like new....

southbound said:
ApproximateLEE said:
southbound said:

Do I have to use a block of wood???

Only asking cause I have been pulling up the nose of my bars with my hands for years..I don't think this is user error. After the oregon chain failed I switched to a 8 pin with a stihl 72 dl for the rest of the day and the chain never came loose....Come to think of it the stihl chain on my 038 didn't loosen up either.... In fact I never seem to have trouble with stihl chain coming loose...

Again I have been impressed with how well the oregon chain has held a edge..6 or 7 tanks and it's still like new....

I used to hold the bar with my hand but it ain't nuttin like propin' the tip up on sumtin' and crankin' it tight. Stihl chain is better in the 1st initial stretch dept. I will admit. But I can't get nowhere close to the same deal on price .I also think IMHO that the Stihl is a little harder to file which wears out files faster.I agree Oregami chain does hold an edge just as good.
It really is 6 of one - half dozen.... ,,, other than price .

Oregano chan stretches all the time. The Stihl advantage is the OILOMATIC. Holding an edge longer is just a bonus.

In the link you posted a 20 inch loop is $13.95 + $11 shipping that's what I pay for a loop of stihl in town..I don't need to buy 10 loops at a time to get the savings...

What about the Carlton chains??? I have read good things..........

southbound said:
In the link you posted a 20 inch loop is $13.95 + $11 shipping that's what I pay for a loop of stihl in town..I don't need to buy 10 loops at a time to get the savings...

1/2 of what I have is woodland pro its cheep strechs at first but good to go after that. next order I will try the lgx

southbound said:

$13.45 each if'n you buy 10 or $24.95 if'n you buy 1. $11.50 difference per chain =$115 savings. I'll take that to the bank.Thankyou very much.

smokinjay said:
CTwoodburner said:
LLigetfa said:
crs7300 said:

Period.

I am pretty sure husky chain is Oregon chain

+ 1
It is Oregon just stopped by my Husky dealer to get some gloves and asked him if he stocked a certain chain and asked if the made there own ... he said they were labled husky made to husqvarnas specs and grinds by Oregon.

i've never had problems with stretching oregon chains. i wonder if there is a difference in length, size, and type. Now that i've used stihl chains, I'll probably never go back, but I'm comparing different kinds of chains (oregon safety to stihl semi-chisel) so it's not fair for me to say that I like Stihl better. it works and I know where to buy it, so that's what I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.