• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drcfrb

Oct 30, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY
I have a Quadra-fire Santa Fe - its probably about 6 years old. The thermostat seems to be in trouble. I have the lux cheapy heat-only manual thermostat. Only a couple of times did it know that the temperature had decreased and it turned on again, as it was supposed to. I had to hit reset for it to start up again. Now, the red, call light is out. The fuse next to the light looks good. So, the stove itself isn't calling for the pellets. So by fooling around with the thermostat, I maybe broke the unit inside the stove that sends the fuel-calling information? You can tell I'm new to this - I just got the pellet stove. Thanks for your help and info!

Simply jumper the two thermostat screws with a wire. That bypasses the thermostat. Preferably use an insulated wire.

If you jump the screws on stove that tstat wires go to as reallyte says and stove works, then you either have a bad tstat, or tstat wires, or connections are bad. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.