This was worth it!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo's Dad

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
Canton, CT
The last tree in my front yard was leaning twoard my house, it was filled with wood pecker holes and rotted at the base. I thought about taking it down, but we have a tree guy in the neighborhood. he was driving by on monday, I waived him over and showed him the tree. He said $100...done. It took them a total of 20 min, most of the time setting up the bucket truck. Now i can finally weed that island and mulch it. This was worth it!

In the woods, I like to leave some 'peckerwood' out there but obviously that one was too close to the house, for safety and aesthetic reasons. I don't guess you'll get much, if any, fuel from that one. It's probably pretty much 'mulch' at this point as well. ;lol

yeah..the woodpeckers are going after the bugs inside, i think out of the 40 ft maybe 10 ft is burnable.

Status
Not open for further replies.