Thought I was done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is mid April and wood stove is going all day.. 45 degrees cold damp rain. Last year in April we had summer, mid 80's for a stretch. Man I am cutting into next year's wood somethin fierce. I guess it still beats burning oil at 4 bucks a gallon. We are due for a snap although it is not in the forecast. Cooling back into the 40's Thurs. I wouldn't be surprised to see snow before or into may.

I thought I was done too.. 80 yesterday, 60 today and dropping to 38 tonight!

The weather is really weird this spring. Couple of days ago I got up in the morning, 42 outside, so started a fire cause it was 65 in the house. Warmed up nicely and was comfortable when I got home for lunch.....still 42 outside, so I put a couple of splits on. Went back to work, and by 5:00 when I got home it was 74 outside and hotter than hell in the house. :red: Then about 7:00 we had tornadoes in the state and 5 different warnings for our county. :ahhh: By the next morning it was 36 and I was burning again. This is crazy....I prefer winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.