We are new to this fireplace game as we have only been in our brand new home for about 5 months. I noticed some efflorescence on the outside of our fireplace chimney. When I asked the builder, he said that it was totally normal. After doing some reading on the internet, most of what I have read says that it is not normal. The only place that we see the efflorescence is on the chimney, no where else on the house brick (we are all brick), so in reading it says that this is cause due to water damage in most cases. Does anyone have any insight on efflorescence and if it would be common to see this in a house that is less than a year old on ONLY the chimney? Attached are some pictures that I took last night.