Timberjack!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have the same one, but I use it more for turning logs on the mill than for firewood.

Does the 510 dolmar have the priming bulb? I've been running the 6100 for 3 cutting seasons. Cold start is 6 primes on the bulb, usually 3 pulls with choke on it burps a bit, choke off, 1st or 2nd pull away she goes....every single time, and have never flooded it yet. So far so good. I need to get some more of these tools, Timberjack, pickaroon. Sound like must haves when dealing with the big stuff. So far I've been cutting my 18": bucks 7/8 of the way thru, then every 12' cut all the thru and turn the log by hand to get the last bit of cut to keep the chain out of the dirt/mud. Im sure these tools keep you off your hands and knees. How convenient!!

Reactions: Tar12
Does the 510 dolmar have the priming bulb? I've been running the 6100 for 3 cutting seasons. Cold start is 6 primes on the bulb, usually 3 pulls with choke on it burps a bit, choke off, 1st or 2nd pull away she goes....every single time, and have never flooded it yet. So far so good. I need to get some more of these tools, Timberjack, pickaroon. Sound like must haves when dealing with the big stuff. So far I've been cutting my 18": bucks 7/8 of the way thru, then every 12' cut all the thru and turn the log by hand to get the last bit of cut to keep the chain out of the dirt/mud. Im sure these tools keep you off your hands and knees. How convenient!!
They are your friends!
zfie6Qyl.jpg

I do need a second one for really heavy logs.

I do need a second one for really heavy logs.
It is amazing as to how big a log one guy can roll...you get 2-3 guys on it and you can roll pretty much anything you want!

My timber jack with a leg is a great tool for certain size logs. It lifts those off the ground for easy bucking. They won't move everything, but when you get that big I get out my hydraulic floor jack.

A pry bar? Forget it! You are back in the Dark Ages.
Get a cant hook or timberjack, get it today!
I'm about to emerge from the Dark Ages! :) I ordered my timberjack, received notice it has shipped, and I'm pretty excited about it, really looking forward to putting it to use.

A pry bar? Forget it! You are back in the Dark Ages.
Get a cant hook or timberjack, get it today!

HehHeh . . . not sure what that makes me.

When I have a need to roll or lift a log I fire up the chainsaw and cut a sapling to length to use.

Does this make me a Neanderthal living in the Stone Age? :)

Reactions: TreePointer
I'm about to emerge from the Dark Ages! :) I ordered my timberjack, received notice it has shipped, and I'm pretty excited about it, really looking forward to putting it to use.
Which one did you order?

Attachments

• timberjack.jpg
    timberjack.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 112
HehHeh . . . not sure what that makes me.

When I have a need to roll or lift a log I fire up the chainsaw and cut a sapling to length to use.

Does this make me a Neanderthal living in the Stone Age? :)
That makes you a resourceful person!

Caveman.jpg

Reactions: TreePointer
My Woodchuck Timberjack came today, this thing looks and feels solid. I'm impressed, and all I've done is put it together. Now I have to cut something down!

I was about to order one of the peaveys from a place in BC (the recommendation came from here). My daughter had already ordered one for me for Christmas. It is woodchuck. Last week i tried to roll a 26” x 10’ log......did not move. I laughed at myself.

Reactions: MoDoug
I was about to order one of the peaveys from a place in BC (the recommendation came from here). My daughter had already ordered one for me for Christmas. It is woodchuck. Last week i tried to roll a 26” x 10’ log......did not move. I laughed at myself.

Short of a tractor, it would take a bit to roll a log that size. LOL

This log is only about 12" and it did the job just fine. I wish I had this at the beginning of this season, my groan rate would have been considerably better.

Attachments

• Timberjack.JPG
    Timberjack.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Diabel
". Last week i tried to roll a 26” x 10’ log......did not move. I laughed at myself. "

Are you saying you couldn't roll a 10 foot long log with a cant hook?

". Last week i tried to roll a 26” x 10’ log......did not move. I laughed at myself. "

Are you saying you couldn't roll a 10 foot long log with a cant hook?
Sadly, i admit yes.

You need to hire Arnold Schwarzenegger as your wood cutting assistant.

Reactions: Diabel