TIME TO VENT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adirondackwoodburner said:
three thousand for what! my god...

A one tooth bridge.

Remember, Little kids little problems, Big kids big problems. Enjoy them now because your going to blink and they will be in college and grown up with their own lives, and you'll wish you took the time to enjoy the moment.

Considering the circumstances, I think I'd have been calling a baby sitter to watch the kids while I took care of the wood.

I would guess the cost of a sitter would be worth getting the processing done now instead of waiting until next month.

-SF

That new song, by Darius Rucker (AKA Hottie of Hootie & The Blowfish)

"You're Gonna Miss This".

Rings true :blank:

You're thinking of "It won't be like this for long".

"You're gonna miss this" is by Trace Adkins.

Both are completely appropriate. ;-)

My friends daughter called me a redneck the other day. Hmm... A Central Massachusetts redneck. Must be so... ;-) ;-)

I had a blast this weekend. brought the 5 year old up with me, he loves riding the ATV. while I stacked and split, he cleared the road of small limbes from the logging, ate snacks while he watched, looked aroung for tracks, we took a walk in the woods, then I got back to work. the next thing I know he is climbing up on the seat of the ATV layed down and took an hour or so nap until I woke him up to head down to the house...

I hear you Adk - and what perplexed said too...

I have about 3 cords of the 7 or so I have split and only half of the split stuff stacked. My goal was the end of April so I am running out of time quickly. I have 3 girls - 9, 6 and 2 - and love having them help me but the 2 yr old makes it too tough when the wife decides she needs to go solo somewhere. Sabotage I tell you...

...and I still have 4 people to pick new wood up from and I cannot leave that waiting too long either...

Only 1 kid...a 6 year old girl. She likes to help me out with the wood sometimes. It doesn't last long enough to really get much done though. Not sure where she gets it from but her attention wande...

...hey wow! I have skin!

YEAH, my 2 year old daughter is alittle young to be up in the woods wandering around if I cant keep a constant eye on her. but she is so damned cute!

I've got boys, 8 and 4. They're getting old enough to help out a bit, but I do a majority of my hand splitting at night after they're in bed!

hand splitting! man, I take my hat off to you guys who do that.

Adirondackwoodburner said:
hand splitting! man, I take my hat off to you guys who do that.

Maybe back to some occasional hand splitting once I am one full year ahead. I do enjoy it a bit at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.