Tjernlund SB-1 Stove Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickytim

Aug 24, 2015
Wilkes Barre PA
Has anyone seen one of these in person or use one yourself? Cant really find many reviews about it. Seems like a good idea for models that are not equipped with a blower fan? But I am not sure if it would be worth the 100.00 investment.

Attachments

• stoveblower2view.jpg
    stoveblower2view.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Tjernlund-SB1-Hot-Shot-Stove-Blower-Installed-With-Flamessm.jpg
    Tjernlund-SB1-Hot-Shot-Stove-Blower-Installed-With-Flamessm.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 113
I've seen them but haven't used one. If it works well this seems like a heckuva good value when stove blowers often cost $2-300.

Most free standing stoves these days have a rear heat shield. Don't know how this thing could work with one of them in the way.

Yes, mostly appropriate for the classics.

Hi, Rickytim- I bought one, thinking it might be what I want to modify somewhat, for my Fisher insert. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the volume of air it moved. I could hear the motor "surging", it sounded like, to me. So, I went back to what I was using- still in the development stage. It sounds like you got a heckuva deal on yours...
Good luck! David

Status
Not open for further replies.