Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks zap and finished yesterday what i had to do down the road "stumps" %-P will let my buddy come and get the rest... he has no access to wood and i like helping him and his family out ;-)

going back outside now to try and figure how i am gonna knock this dead elm down with no damage??? will post a pic in a bit..

loon

Looks like a good weekend to me!

ya we had fun 106 ;-)

hard to explain with this picture but the elm on the left has to come down and on the right you can see my house outline.. quick guesstimate is the tree is 120ft and the house is 119ft :cheese:

will see what we can do next weekend :p

i am on the road with the camera with hydro wires, so this way aint an option...

loon

DSC09684-1.jpg

did some locust splitting today and had some help..but think i am losing some btu's?
as Emma seems to like debarking the wood %-P :)

loon

DSC09691-1.jpg

Loon is that some of the stuff you cut earlier this year? Good too have the dogs back in the picture.

Zap

the maple on the left is from that big limb that fell on the house last year and the couple pieces she is playing with is the locust i have been dealing with the last couple weeks.

being new to locust, i didnt know how easy the bark comes off? and just how thick it is...

loon

[quote author="loon" date="1304831985"]here we are today..

Loon, I'm not sure how long they have been together but they seem like great dogs.

GIBIR

middle of May eh??? %-P and was just informed it was chilly in the house..yes dear :)

nothing but miserable weather for the next week.

loon

DSC09750-1.jpg

loon said:
middle of May eh??? %-P and was just informed it was chilly in the house..yes dear :)

nothing but miserable weather for the next week.

loon

Looks real nice Loon plus a nice idea. They are calling for rain through next Friday over here about you.

Zap

same here zap, nothing but cold and rain in the forecast with a high tomorrow 8c=46f ;-P

kinda missed using the woodstove the past while :cheese:

loon

havent been out getting wood in quite awhile as this rain just wont let up :-/ but did get a parcel in the mail today from a lady down in Arizona..
had the pair of them done for my wife's birthday present and think she nailed them pretty darn good :)

loon

DSC09802.jpg

Loon, the lady did a great job and I'm sure it is a great gift.

Zap

loon said:
havent been out getting wood in quite awhile as this rain just wont let up :-/ but did get a parcel in the mail today from a lady down in Arizona..
had the pair of them done for my wife's birthday present and think she nailed them pretty darn good :)

loon

I disagree . . . they should be driving your truck, ATV, etc. to make them look more natural. ;) :)

Me and Murphy went out between rains and tried to get some fun in.

DSC09925.jpg

but it started again and came back in the house and did this..end of May eh!! ;-P

loon

DSC09928-1.jpg

loon

Loon the weather sure does suck, the fire does seem like a good idea. Coming home it was raining dogs & dogs, drove out of it 10 miles later and we never did get hit here.

Zap

out west here is having a real bad time zap, as you guys over in the States :shut:

so i guess i shouldnt complain as we are just getting heavy rain with no flooding around our home..

Terry

back down working at the cemetery today and was asked if i wanted these poplar and a large maple that went down in a storm a few weeks ago and was just wondering if its worth dealing with the poplar?? they dont have to be taken out of the woods.

thanks eh

loon

DSC09555-1.jpg

back at the house but Emma went down with me and the camera ;-)

DSC09996.jpg

loon said:
back down working at the cemetery today and was asked if i wanted these poplar and a large maple that went down in a storm a few weeks ago and was just wondering if its worth dealing with the poplar?? they dont have to be taken out of the woods.

thanks eh

loon

DSC09555-1.jpg

back at the house but Emma went down with me and the camera ;-)

DSC09996.jpg

Loon I've never burned any but did get some cut and stacked so it will be ready for burning this year. The way I look at it if it's down I grab it.

The popple we burn will save on the cherry so why not. Nice ash tree in the picture with Emma.

Zap

thanks zap.. still debating what to do with it? just talked to the fella yesterday that has all the locust and i guess there are another half dozen he would like dropped, so told him to give them a mark and i will be down tomorrow ;-P

and i hope the ash out lasts me :cheese:

loon

DSC09557.jpg

loon said:
just wondering if its worth dealing with the poplar??
We have Tulip Poplar (Yellow) around here. I don't go out of my way to get it. Not much heat value, but it'll work for shoulder fires. On the plus side, it's very easy to carry. :lol:

loon said:
just talked to the fella yesterday that has all the locust and i guess there are another half dozen he would like dropped, so told him to give them a mark and i will be down tomorrow ;-P

With the Locust option available, I wouldn't be wasting any time on the Poplar.

Status
Not open for further replies.