Toro parts online?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
My Toro honeymoon is over.

My new-to-me 826 blower somehow lost the key on the main drive pulley. I think (hope to God) the engine shaft is OK, but the pulley now has noticable wonky wear on the inside of the shaft hole leading to a pretty wobbly situation. I was really pumping some snow when things stopped happening. I want to get a new one. I plan on asking tomorrow at the closest local Toro place in my search for a new key - but am expecting an arm & leg & long wait to get it.

Who has ordered Toro parts online with a good result, and where from? Has to be Canada-shipping friendly. Also want to get new belts while I'm at it.

I've been happy with either rcpw.com or mfgsupply.com
Not sure about the Canada shipping

Well, ordering from the local Toro place was $105 for the part (Toro 114-9252), unknown delivery date.

I'm trying from lawnmowerpros - a bit leery so far since it was quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else ($42), but will see what happens. Thanks for the info - I ordered before I read the last couple of replies so will have to see if any regrets arise.

That didn't work out - they didn't have the part & apparently can't get it. So order cancelled.

After investing $2.50 in a new key & putting it back together, I might just run it with the old pulley. It was pretty solid - just want to take the shield back off & watch it while I run it some to make sure there's no wobble going on. I was in a hurry to move snow yesterday so put everything together quick as I could. I should maybe get a new friction wheel & belts anyway too, so will see what else comes up the rest of the winter & get some stuff ordered for next winter.

I still really like this blower - I think it got a quick assembly before the original owner bought it, and not much attention afterwards. Aside from oil changes. All the cables needed adjusting a little bit too.

If I order online I'll likey try rcpw next time - looked like reasonable prices & Canadian accomodating.

My John Deere, that's 12 years old might need new belts at the end of this season. Still starts on the first pull. I contend that if you get a quality machine from an independent dealer, change the oil and lube it annually, a new spark plug each year is about all the parts it would need for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.