Trim wood ok to burn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sean2173

Jan 4, 2019
Bellville, TX
Picked up 45 bundles of this stuff for $50 from Facebook marketplace. Looks like untreated oak. Anyone see any issue with burning it in my open fireplace?
3440c1af982c141f5d682bdaf6316e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: darktower007
If it’s untreated, should be fine.

Reactions: Sean2173
I don't see any stain or polyurethane. Light 'er up!

That will give an easy brilliant fire but it wont last, so enjoy it.

I did an addition on to my house 3 years ago. We did an oak floor, installed unfinished oak.
So we wound up with lots and lots of scraps just like the one you have. Very dry, We had a hundred pounds of the stuff, good stuff for the wood stove.

I did an addition on to my house 3 years ago. We did an oak floor, installed unfinished oak.
So we wound up with lots and lots of scraps just like the one you have. Very dry, We had a hundred pounds of the stuff, good stuff for the wood stove.

We are just about to start a project that is very similar. 750 sq ft of unfinished oak. I am installing it this winter and will stain it in the spring. I will have lots of kindling for next winter, I’m sure.