Troubleshooting auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chachie

Jan 14, 2019
Earth
Hello everyone,

I have a Drolet Eco 45 which stopped feeding pellets. I removed the motor and auger and vacuumed everything. The auger is clear and free of debris but when I apply power to the motor and press the "feed" button I only get a low hum. Nothing turns. I've also done this with the motor disconnected from the auger and the motor does not turn.

Should I just get a new auger motor or is there something else I could check?

Thanks

Sounds like you need a new motor
To make sure disconnect the wiring to the motor and feed it 120 volts
make sure you unplug your stove first
If the motor works it is something else if not replace motor

You could try oiling the bushings/bearings in the motor. Mine was very sluggish, but few drops of oil in the bushings cured it.

Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try tonight. Quick question; should I be able to turn the motor by hand? I tried turning the part which connects to the auger but it won't budge.

No you won’t turn by hand, it is a gear box designed to raise the torque of the motor to turn the shaft.

Reactions: heat seeker