True Confessions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjack

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2008
Woodstock, NY
At the end of last the heat season I did not want to stop burning. If my house had the slightest chill I'd light up.
In the last three months I've adapted very well to not seeing a fire in my living room. I guess it won't last forever. Winter is coming, friends.

I fired my T6 up a couple of times in June and early July. Little chilly and very damp. I fired mainly to get rid of some of the dampness in the house. Weird but true ........

Same here, I had a fire in July and if the wife says she's got a chill the stove gets fired up. don't care what time of the year it is.

If the weather holds out we might have a fire going before Labor Day this year.

Has anyone noticed just how much shorter the days are getting? And the temperature this week has struggled to be in the 60's for our highs. Now with damp, sometimes that can get really cool.

I guess I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say is that as much as I love burning wood, I'm loving even more the warmth of the season and I don't want the summer to end.

Yup, Summer is coming to an end, soon:

Tonight...Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s.

Monday...Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.

Monday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s.

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

Tuesday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s.

EDIT: update for Sunday Night...Mostly clear. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s.

This has been the coolest and most damp summer I can recall in my 32 years in middle Tennessee. We had a couple of weeks of mid 90s in June and a few days in July and August that would pass for "typical" summer around here, but other than that it's been strange weather. My yard is still as green and lush as it was in April/May! Now, I love a nice green lawn, but to be honest I was looking forward to mowing season winding down a bit. I'm also curious to see just how dry my wood will end up come real burning time.

As of twenty five minutes ago my heating season has officially started.

OCTOBER my friends OCTOBER!!!!!

Anytime before that NG will have to do the job!! That is my plan for this season.....I hope I stick to it!

Small fire in the stove last night and this morning, 50°F, windy, drizzle. Frost predicted for tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.