Two great products I just discovered - ultimate "cart" + poison ivy immunity!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
I have that cart and really like it but it is not indestructible...
Understood but it's not as fragile as some would have us believe. As I was finishing up the last few loads, the temperature was dropping fast so we were really heaping the loads. The last load was really over the top and the cart survived the abuse in the -13°C cold.

Still, there is something to be said for steel and I plan to get a small trailer from Harbor Fright and build it up with a 4' x 4' x 2' wood deck and sides so that I can carry more with fewer trips. That Rubbermaid cart would be nice for the wife to use and just might free up one of my metal wheelbarrows.

LLigetfa said:
Understood but it's not as fragile as some would have us believe.

Agreed. I was running full loads of stone up a ramp and dumping them into my dump trailer. The front lip ends up being the pivot when dumping. Probably not the intended use of the cart and I doubt it would ever happen with firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.