U.S. Drought Monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Each one does 1300 cubic feet per hour. My house is about 1700 square feet, so the air gets filtered about 1.5+ times per hour. These have been a game changer for our indoor air quality.
You might want to double check your math. 😉

I bought a Winix air purifier to help with the dust in the basement because of the wood furnace. Now that it’s been decommissioned I moved it upstairs. We’ve had some pretty smoggy days this past week due to wildfires up north so I’ve been running it pretty much non-stop.

I bought a Winix air purifier to help with the dust in the basement because of the wood furnace. Now that it’s been decommissioned I moved it upstairs. We’ve had some pretty smoggy days this past week due to wildfires up north so I’ve been running it pretty much non-stop.
Never was good at math. All I know is the two filters seem to help

Sorry, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have used "cubic".

The Alen BreatheSmart 75i cleans up to 1,300 sq. ft. every 30 minutes.

My house is 1700 sq. ft.

With two of these units, it looks like I am actually doing better than I originally posted.

Just breathe the clean air....l

Reactions: sloeffle
Same here with the AC. I run good filters and keep it on recirc. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Just had to end my outside work early, tornado watch and some serious storm cells blowing in. It'd be nice to string together 24 hours without a storm, but that's just not our luck, the last ten days. Hopefully no damage to the swimming pool under construction right now.

We received another 1 inch of rain from this system that started overnight, it looks like the lawn and trails will need mowing again.