Unfinished wood flooring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriesnuns

Sep 22, 2013
My girlfriends father is unloading his scraps on me.

He says there unfinished and not treated. Good to go in wood stove?

Yes . . . just don't load the stove to the gills with the scraps unless you want to see what an overheated stove looks like.

Welcome to the forum.+1 Jake. I've used oak flooring scraps. in the stove and it cooks.
Wouldn't mind having a cord or two. Pretty expensive I'll bet.

I burned the oak scraps from the floor I installed in our addition. Perfect wood! Wish I had more of it. I would just mix it in with your regular wood and burn away.

Welcome to the forum. Good supply even if you only use it for kindling wood.

Its good to throw some if those in with the less than seasoned pieces to keep the fire hot.

If they aren't damaged and seem like they can be re-used and you aren't desperate for wood you can re-sell those on craigslist. If it really is damaged useless boards burn away.

I've made good money pulling up old wood flooring and selling it on craigslist to others that want to use it in their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.