Uprooted/Leaner/Hung Up Cherry Down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Finally took care of this Cherry, open face notched the bottom then cut the top in 3 48 inch sections and pulled the rest down with the rhino. I had to change my pulling direction and the second one did the trick.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2864.jpg
    100_2864.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_2866.jpg
    100_2866.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_2867.jpg
    100_2867.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_2868.jpg
    100_2868.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_2870.jpg
    100_2870.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_2872.jpg
    100_2872.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_2873.jpg
    100_2873.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 265
That is one nice tall straight Cherry tree, should be some very easy splitting for sure. Nice job getting it down.

certified106 said:
That is one nice tall straight Cherry tree, should be some very easy splitting for sure. Nice job getting it down.

certified106, one cut plus your tractor wOOd of made the job easier. Down below the Cherry is the area we will use this summer which is above the brook. I am going to bring the chipper back so I can get rid of some of the small branches.

Thanks
Zap

Nice use of the winch!

smokinjay said:
Nice use of the winch!

smokinjay, I just hooked up the cable around the ball hitch and pulled. I left the old winch which I use for the trees in the garage and the winch (new) on the front is for the plow. The old winch the brakes are gone and I was told they don't make them anymore.

Looks like Monday I will pick up a Grub Hoe so I can knock the dirt away from the roots in the first picture and flatten it out so we won't have to go around it with the Rhino.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Nice use of the winch!

smokinjay, I just hooked up the cable around the ball hitch and pulled. I left the old winch which I use for the trees in the garage and the winch (new) on the front is for the plow. The old winch the brakes are gone and I was told they don't make them anymore.

Looks like Monday I will pick up a Grub Hoe so I can knock the dirt away from the roots in the first picture and flatten it out so we won't have to go around it with the Rhino.

Zap

Thats pretty slick move. I got rained out again today....Man I was done last year at this time.

How much more are you cutting smokin?

Zap

zapny said:
How much more are you cutting smokin?

Zap

4 good days would finish the spring jobs. I need atleast another 3 cords.

Hang in there Jay and you'll be done in no time flat.

Zap, that looks like some great firewood. It also looks like that ground is plenty soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.