Urban Stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
The 4 racks are mostly all oak for this season, Down on the pallets is red maple and 3 types of pine for spring shoulder and there is apple I'm gonna use for cooking. All along the back fence is oaks for next winter. Not pictured is a stack of cottonwood, red cedar and white birch I've been using on chilly days.

Attachments

• st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 692
  • st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 681
  • st3.jpg
    st3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 663
  • st4.jpg
    st4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 670
Looking good there. Only quibble I'd have is all that summer shade from the trees in the yard.

Of course, you could sequentially drop them, and process them into piles.

Okay, didn't think you would go for that.

hareball it looks like you have a good system going, how long do you season your oak before burning?

zap

Stacks of wood look good. The cinder blocks in the first pic though are not going to last the winter!!! LOL.

Haha thanks guys!!

Zap, the stuff in the racks I split last winter but it had been in log form on the side of a barn for a long time so I got lucky with those 2 cords. The long row of oak I split over the summer and that was all green. I will have to end up buying a few cords of seasoned to get me through this season. It's gonna take me a while to get ahead on seasoned wood but it's a start. :)

Hareball, you've been busy! That's good. One concern I'd have with the stacks is the uneven top. There are several low spots, which of course, water will flow to and then has to go somewhere. That could cause a minor problem.

Dennis, Have some logs rolling in this coming week. Goal is to stack to the top of the fence. Makes me crazy the way it looks now haha

Hey that will be nice if level with the fence.

Looking good. How much land do you have there. I have about 9 cords on 1/4 acre.

Very neat operation you have there hareball, folks are lucky to have you as a neighbor.

Thanks a lot fellas!! I like to try and keep it as neat as I can.

Flatbedford said:
Looking good. How much land do you have there. I have about 9 cords on 1/4 acre.

I'm sitting around 80' deep and 60' wide. Back yard has 3 levels. I'd love to get around 7 or 8. A wood shed would be nice down on the concrete pad where my shed was.

Gotta love the look of money . . . I mean wood . . . drying in the Fall.

Very nice work hareball. Surprised you haven't tried a few HH stacks if space is an issue.

That could be an option down on that pad!!

Just found a guy selling logs up to 22' long at $60/ cord. Ordered 2, he wanted to bring me 9!!! said I'd love that but the township would not since I have neighbors all around. He said it's gonna be $75 for delivery but will give me a heavy 2 cords to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.