Use pellets in my Jotel F55?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jotel me this

Feeling the Heat
Sep 21, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hello.

So the F55 Carrabassett, non-catalytic stove burns quiet efficiently using secondary combustion (burning the gasses up top).. and my question is.. can I use pellets in this stove if I buy a proper pellet tray?

What might be the negative consequences of using pellets in the F55?

I obviously wouldnt by cheap pellets, but Im trying to think of possible negative effects the pellets may cause to the stove.

The instructions say to only burn solid wood, but in the section called, "Do Not Burn.." it does not list pellets.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, it's possible in a pellet basket. Not the most efficient option, but it will provide some heat. There are some past postings on people's experience with pellet baskets that may be helpful.

Reactions: Jotel me this
Yes, it's possible in a pellet basket. Not the most efficient option, but it will provide some heat. There are some past postings on people's experience with pellet baskets that may be helpful.

Thanks. when you say 'Not the most efficient option', are you thinking that pellets in general have less BTUs or just burn faster perhaps? there are tons of contradicting misinformation online. some sites say pellets have higher BTUs, others say it depends on the wood, others say you cant compare at all because there are so many variables to consider (wood moisture in logs, type of pellets, etc)