USSC 6041 turns on, displays name and version number, then turns off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Inthestix

Dec 23, 2021
Michigan
Stove was functioning properly, but after the last time I shut it down it refuses to start back up. It turns on, but shuts itself off immediately after displaying USSC and the version number. And lucky for me USSC is closed until the 27 of December; so no help there. It's 25° outside, and my Mr Heater ain't cutting it! Any ideas?!?

Well,see if both fuses are good, on the internal control board, and make sure the connections from the display board to the internal board are good. Other than that, i got nothing.

If your 6041 has a hopper switch try unhooking wires from switch and attaching them to each other put some tape on them so they do not touch anything else. If that does not work I would say your on button on the control panel is bad. You could try to push it repeatedly and it might work one time.

Reactions: FirepotPete
If your 6041 has a hopper switch try unhooking wires from switch and attaching them to each other put some tape on them so they do not touch anything else. If that does not work I would say your on button on the control panel is bad. You could try to push it repeatedly and it might work one time.
The previous owner bypassed the hopper safety. I got the stove to start back up, but have absolutely no idea how I did it. Was holding buttons down on the keyboard in various pairs and it turned on. 3 times since I have awoken to a smoke filled house with Error2 on the keyboard. I was able to turn it back on by hitting on, but this last time it will not respond. Again.