USSC 8500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeP15571

Dec 12, 2018
Marlette, MI
I got my furnace from facebook market place. I thought it was an easy way to go. Wow, not sure now. The techs at USSC have been OK but I am not sure they gave me the best (or cheapest) settings. These codes are very well guarded. Can I ask if anyone has a better settings list?

What did they tell you to set the HR and DF at? And what are you trying to burn, pellets, corn or a mix?
I am burning pellets. and finally got the factory reps to call me. i wondered if the setting had been screwed up after losing power a few times. I am pretty new to this thing. I am not sure what HR and DF stand for.

I am burning pellets. and finally got the factory reps to call me. i wondered if the setting had been screwed up after losing power a few times. I am pretty new to this thing. I am not sure what HR and DF stand for.
HR, heat range, DF, draft fan.

Hello...the 8500 is well documented by this dude...

He explaines it straight and LONG and detailed

An old lamp cord with spade connections and plug directly into the wall

Ssyko...that sounds pretty bare metal...does that motor needs to be unhooked from mainboard cables or is that not so needed?
I would be afraid that this flimsy mainboard takes a ticket

Yes you would un plug the motor from the harness then attach the test wire