Utility Line Maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadCove

Aug 11, 2008
Casco Bay, ME
The local electric company has a private tree co. doing maintenance around their lines. The tree co. was on my street (dead end road, semi-rural area) this week, and as I was walking up the road, I noticed they had left nice 4' long oak rounds piled up. Also lots of pine the same way. All the small branches from the trimming had been chipped and carted off. The rounds were left on a right of way that everyone on the street has access to.

What would you do?

(For the record, I took all the oak I could fit in the back of my truck and will grab the rest - if any is left - when I get home this week from work travel.)

Ya did the smart thing son. get back at it asap :)

Amen... go for it.

You won't regret it :)

I've done the same, and I'll do it again. In this area it seems that Asplundh does a lot of the tree-dropping, but the county itself (I think) comes later and removes the wood. I save them the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.