Vacuum attachment for vent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jatoxico

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2011
Long Island NY
Hi fellas, I want to be able to vacuum out the heat vent of my insert. I didn't measure but it's probably 1 1/8" and no more than 1 1/4" and just about 2' deep. Ideally it would have some type of brush to loosen dirt etc.

Anyone use or run across anything that might fit the bill?

No idea what that is, but it sounds like you could stick a 1.5" wire-handle pipe brush into a 2' piece of 1" OD tubing and stick that mess onto a shopvac. :)

Maybe tie a piece of string to the brush if the handle is shorter than 2'.

No idea what that is, but it sounds like you could stick a 1.5" wire-handle pipe brush into a 2' piece of 1" OD tubing and stick that mess onto a shopvac. :)

Maybe tie a piece of string to the brush if the handle is shorter than 2'.
Thanks I like the bottle brush idea to loosen the dust. My vac attachment will only get about 1/2 way in but I guess I could crank the fans and blow everything thing out then deal with it after that. Probably get a face full but in the scheme of things its a pretty small problem.

I think you have same insert as me (hampton hi300) i duct taped a 2' long ½" or ¾ piece of pex to a shopvac crevice tool and vac away! Swiffer dusters work well too.

Reactions: jatoxico