VC Defiant piggy bank

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingpol

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2010
Merrimack Valley, MA
I saw this at a flea market this morning. It was about 4" tall and in decent shape. Never been burned in before.:p Coin slot is in the top vent. Great conversation piece.

2013toddfarm.jpg

looks like one of those little salesman samples from back in the day, when they went door to door with their product. Very cool! That little stove may be worth some money! Did you buy it?

No, I didn't buy it. I am Jotul guy. If I could have flipped quick, maybe I would have picked it up. It would have cut into my funds for other stuff.

The market was great today, forged slate roof nail rippers, a wood "beetle" sledge with iron bands at the business ends (maybe 40 lbs), a drill for post and beam framing, and lots of old iron, axe, adzes, sleigh runners, etc... Lots of hammers: cobblers to ball peen all the way to sledges. Wood planes, moulding planes clamps, vises, etc...

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.