VC Defiant stove to chimney flex system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillerji

Feb 16, 2011
Gales Ferry Ct.
Hello,

A long time burner here but a new forum member.

I have a classic VC 1975 Defiant that after a number of years was relocated into a fireplace set up. It is not set up in the best manner and as I have gone through the forum and manuals online have seen this VC 'flex system adapter' which looks pretty nifty.

The question is does anyone know where this can be purchased? Honestly I haven't done a lot of stove part sourcing so I'm pretty unsavvy in this arena.

This forum has been a great source of info so far.

Thanks,

JH

hillerji, This is a relatively new forum and it may take a while for VC owners to find your post. I have an older Buck Stove, but do not know anything about the VC. I do know there are a lot of stove parts available out there, as I have been able find anything I need for mine. Hopefully some VC owners will chime in here soon. Here is one place I did find that looks like it might be able to help you. http://www.discountstove.com/partsvcwbfreestanding.htm.

Could always visit a hearth shop. Any decent one can order you a flex connector kit that has an 8" oval that would fit the defiant and then covert into a larger oval that would go up the chimney about 5'.

actually the easier solution now would be to order a cast collar in 6" round. Last time i priced it the were about $100. Then you can you whatever stainless conector for your liner right on the stove

So the old Defiants never had bolt on flue collars, they're part o fthe top or rear casting . Sorry, that works for other of the V.C.'s, just not this one. I'm on my way to deliver a Vigilant that I changed over to 6" right now, actually.

As Franks said, you can visit your local dealer and they will give you all the necessary parts. My dealer quoted 230 for the 6" kit, you'd need the 8" kit. The flex length would be about 5'. If I were you I'd go for the entire liner. You can find these cheaper on line too.
http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/
Whats the inside dimention of your flue?

Status
Not open for further replies.