• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I purchased an old VC Defiant II parlor stove (wood stove). Apparently, someone had to install a new thermostat spring and put it on backwards - so when it heats up it opens the air flap - thus increasing the heat - thus opening the air flap more, etc. How do I remove the spring and reverse it to work correctly?

Recently, I purchased an old VC Defiant II parlor stove (wood stove). Apparently, someone had to install a new thermostat spring and put it on backwards - so when it heats up it opens the air flap - thus increasing the heat - thus opening the air flap more, etc. How do I remove the spring and reverse it to work correctly?

going to the old VC forum helped. Thanks!

start working some pb blast into it. i believe it unscrews from the stove. i have not replaced mine but done everything else to the stove. mine attaches the chain at about 9 to 10 o'clock if looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.