1. Toki Elle

Toki Elle
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Minneapolis
    IMG_0731.JPG Hey everyone!

I'm thinking about selling my VC Resolute wood burning stove. It's in the standard black and in good condition (not used much). It includes warming shelves and heat shields (and the stove pipe if the buyer wants it) but I have no idea what a fair price would be (since the internet is all over the map). Any help would be much appreciated :)

I live in the artic tundra that is Minnesota if that helps ;)
    IMG_0730.JPG

2. Mybooman

Mybooman
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central NY
    I purchased mine 2 years ago, without the bells and whistles, for $175 in the Ithaca NY area. I love it. It had very little surface rust, no cracks, needed gaskets and with a fresh paint job catches the eye of everyone who walks into the room. Wish the new stoves were made with such character. If you would would consider parting with the shelves, you would forever be my hero! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    Sell the entire package as is! DON'T part it out, I've made that mistake, and you'll be left with stuff you can't sell easily, if at all, and less money to boot. I'd start out at $750 or more, for everything. You have a treasure there that will never be replicated, particularly if it is in good shape.

4. Mybooman

Mybooman
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central NY
    He is right about not parting it out, but I had to ask. His $$ sounds about right if there aren't any cracks or warping.

5. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    If I was near you, I'd buy it all from you, and resell the rusty one that I have in the barn to be restored. I paid $500, no extras, surface rust was only issue, as the smuck I bought it from put it outside while he was selling it.

It is one of the best stoves ever built in my opinion. Yours is extra special with all the accessories on it.

6. defiant3

defiant3
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2010
    Loc:
    No. NH
    Completely rebuilt I get $995.00 for Res. III, no accessories.

ED 3000 likes this.
  7. Toki Elle

Toki Elle
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Minneapolis
    Thanks everyone!! Appreciate the help :)

8. bmwloco

bmwloco
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Asheville NC
    I have the exact stove myself; it's been a light winter, and it's getting very little use.

But I'll never sell it. It does a great job of heating our old 1923 house and keeps the downstairs at 72F, just about perfect for me. And it's a dog magnet too ;)

ED 3000 likes this.
  9. Mybooman

Mybooman
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central NY
    Did you ever list and/or sell your stove? I did find an old Resolute for parts, including shelves, in Upstate NY. No heat shields. I've painted the shelves to match my stove. I'm happy, God is good. :)