VC Resolute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like its in good shape. Unless someone really wanted to burn a classic, theres tons of mid sized EPA certified stoves out there that you can buy brand new, get a 10% federal rebate on and be way ahead of the game. I'd pay 3-350 for something like that if I couldnt afford a new stove...if I was just a typical homeowner. Now, a guy who loves the old classic VC stoves, is only gonna use it once in a while...I may be tempted to cough up $500 for it.

Those are decent stoves for there age. Don't bother cleaning the glass if you get it, it will dirty up within a couple hours as there is no airwash system on those stoves. Second problem is that part are a little harder to get for that age of stove. If i needed a stove for my shop i'd offer something around $300 and see if they'd take it.

Honestly, I am looking for something much larger than this resolute- eyeing the Jotul F-600. I have seen this stove and thought I would post in case there was someone out there looking for a classic.

Yeah, cmon, I looked at the F500 and think I need to go with the big kahuna on this one. Comparing with my father's defiant, we should have more btu output with the jotul.

Status
Not open for further replies.