Ctwoodtick Posted By Ctwoodtick, May 31, 2018 at 2:49 PM

1. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 5, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast CT
    in thinking about a pellet install in basement, I’m now think that a through the wall install would be the way to go. I was looking through a Quadra fire manual and it said to not vent under a vented soffit. Is there any acceptable distance below these soffits that the venting can be? 5 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    The Hearthstone Heritage Manual page 15 states 12” but you should go by the manual for your stove.
    http://poulsenacehardware.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Heritage8091Manual.pdf

From my experience it also depends upon the wind blowing back on the house. In 2 cases I had to put in 2 45s and then go 2 feet above the roof line. This is the very best solution with no smoke making the siding all black! !!!

Note: Nice bracket to hold vent securely to house.

Also use 4” diameter venting if you can. It performs better, does not leak as easily (less pressure on the seams!) and much easier to keep clean!

Click on pics below to Enlarge;

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    vinny11950 likes this.