Vermont Castings Merrimack Blower Access

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mociun

Feb 14, 2023
California
Hi -- and help! I started a fire the other night, the blower had not yet switched on.. but something sparked (by the rheostat) and the circuit breaker was tripped. I reset the breaker, but did not unplug the blower assembly, feed the fire... the blower did not switch on. Did I blow just the rheostat? I hope so. But --- how does the bottom lattice come off of the stove in order to access the blower, rheostat and snap disc? This stove was installed in 2017 by the prior owner of my house. I've called the installer -- he doesn't remember how to remove the bottom lattice. Can anyone help solve this mystery? I would be so grateful!