Vermont Castings Resolute 1979

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TermonTimber

Jun 22, 2018
Ireland
Hey folks, been reading for a while trying to figure out a solution to a problem I have.

I came across this stove via a friend who's auntie owns stables. she put up this stove on facebook ''free to someone who can collect''. I thought it looked nice, and despite having ZERO prior stove experience decided to pick it up. Anyway when removing it from car with some help we let it slip and believe it cracked the flue collar by mistake.

I know someone who does cast welding and believe that should work. my main concern is little bit of rust through right about the area where the Vermont mural is and a slight crack up along the side.

It came disassembled and I've scratched my head a few times with no luck, having already looked at all the old manuals. Would it be worth doing much more with this stove or try and sell it on?

I'm pretty creative and could find an alternative use but I'd love to get it going at some point and would suit nicely for garage, or even to perhaps power sauna/hot tub that I keep meaning to build :D

gave it a rough cleaning up and it really is quite pretty design.

my main issue is figuring out how the hell the internals go together to be honest, I fear I may have a wrong part or it is missing a part but hopefully someone who knows can inform. I tried to lay out internal parts as best I can on ground. all efforts to help appreciated

IMG_3717.jpg image_40037873.jpg image_123923953.jpg IMG_3718.jpg IMG_3719.jpg IMG_3720.jpg IMG_3721.jpg IMG_3726.jpg IMG_3727.jpg IMG_3728.jpg IMG_3729.jpg IMG_3730.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it's over. Too much damage and the parts you need aren't made any more. Sorry dude, time to move on.

some of those parts look good. look for another that needs rebuilding or part it out. that was a coal stove

yeah I'm imagining its mostly alright but didn't think it was coal.

maybe I could sell parts off but unlikely considering I'm thinking these are rare

yeah I'm imagining its mostly alright but didn't think it was coal.

maybe I could sell parts off but unlikely considering I'm thinking these are rare
They are not that uncommon. Many are still in service. Selling parts or the whole stove for parts is a good way for it to end.