Vermont Castings Resolute I Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Komrade

Jan 3, 2014
Eastern Panhandle (WV)
I have a VC Resolute.. Not Acclaim.
I found my old post on this site, which was a copy and paste of somebody else:

5/16" for door. The griddle depends: If it's a "raised griddle", that is it doesn't sit flush w/ the top, then use the same 5/16". If it's a flush griddle, then get the fancy 5/16" armorseal stuff with the meatal wound around it. Armorseal doesn't work w/ raised griddle, but standard gasketing can work w/ flush graiddles. Just deosn't last as long. Is there glass? Use 5/8 or 3/4 adhesive tape. With the cast panel, 1/4" regular rope works fine. Careful removing old stuff, (asbestos)

My door gasket is finally shot after 6 years+ of "new to me". It's literally falling apart.. Not causing any major issues yet, but it is also not that cold yet (and this is our 2nry heat), but I do smell smoke every once in a while.

Based on the quote above, 5/16 or 1/4 will do.
Can somebody recommend where to get the fancy stuff for the griddle?

All the kits I have found online are for Acclaim (and not Resolute I)..

Last edited:
Thanks again.. Even with a wheel brush on my drill probably took 20-30 mins to clean out the grooves..
Probably not the best idea to do it in the house.
Doing it by hand may wear you out.
Stove seems happy now.