Vermont Castings Resolute III water jacket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KimN

Feb 2, 2019
California
Hello All, I’m hoping to reopen this thread as this is the exact model I hav bye and it sounds like you all are experts. This is the Resolute with two glass doors and a 1979 stamp on it. There are two galvanized caps on the back, right side. Our home (built in 85) has two lines coming out of the wall behind the wood stove that run towards the water heater.
Could it be that these caps can be removed and we can feed a water line through the stove and heat out water (in a power outage)?
Are any of you familiar with the caps I’m referring to?
I can add a pic if necessary. I am not finding anything relevant in the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to a new thread.

This may have been a homegrown experiment. Proceed with great caution. Steam can be a very powerful force.

Hello All, I’m hoping to reopen this thread as this is the exact model I hav bye and it sounds like you all are experts. This is the Resolute with two glass doors and a 1979 stamp on it. There are two galvanized caps on the back, right side. Our home (built in 85) has two lines coming out of the wall behind the wood stove that run towards the water heater.
Could it be that these caps can be removed and we can feed a water line through the stove and heat out water (in a power outage)?
Are any of you familiar with the caps I’m referring to?
I can add a pic if necessary. I am not finding anything relevant in the manual.
Definitely pictures please, including inside the stove.

Wasn't exactly clear, the stove was in the house when you bought it? And those two lines to the water heater are near the caps at the back of the stove?