Vigas lamda 40 HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonefire

Oct 23, 2014
massachusetts
I recently purchased a Vigas lamda 40 used, I have always run a old Jensen wood boiler so gasification is new to me, my question is the stove pipe, the outlet on the stove is 7 inch inside dia. the bypass on the stove door is only 6 inch so my question is can I get away with running 6 inch double wall pipe up the side of my building as opposed to 8 inch, I am on a tight budget installing this unit and the 6 inch pipe is almost half the price as the 8. I am not worried about a little smoke coming out the door when it is opened seeing as though the boiler is in a detached garage, and always have the option of installing a elec draft inducer. I just don't want to effect the performance of the stove, any ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.