Vogelzang 5790 e2 code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

demickp

Mar 28, 2022
Berlin, NY
Got e2 code over the weekend. Cleaned the stove (burn pot and firebox and exhaust passage/chimney (this really needed it). After that it ran ok until last night Monday evening. It e2 out and shut itself down. I cleaned inside (lots of unturned pellets) and then restarted. It ended after the pellets started to burn and then shut off with pellets still burning inside. Had to deal with lots of smoke in house.
Another issue is that the stove has been burning very sooty-the glass gets black very soon after starting stove

E2 is vacuum error. #1 place to check is the little fitting in the back wall of the firebox, probably to the right of the burn pot. Make sure it’s clear and not full of ash. Also check the hose going from that to the vacuum switch.

If it’s burning really sooty then turn up the damper on the back to give it more air. You want a strong flame but not a short blowtorch looking flame.

Cleaning the firebox is only part of it. There is a little bolted cover on each side behind the side panels, needs to be cleaned behind there at least every other time you clean the firebox. I run a dryer lint brush up the passages. I usually clean my exhaust pipe every ton. I clean the exhaust blower chamber when I clean the pipe. If the stove passages are dirty then it won’t get enough air.

Has it always burned sooty or is this something new?

Last edited:
THis stove is a work horse but it needs to be clean, Take Exhaust motor off and clean in there, Take side plates off and clean in there well, I also Highly recommend the Klinker king, look it up for this stove but it totaly changed the way mine burnt and how long it stayed clean.