Vogelzang Colonial

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ThunderMedic

Oct 19, 2015
Lusby MD
Fired the stove up at the"suggestion"of the Wife this morning. Question for tube stove owners: how often are you tearing out the tubes and baffle boards and cleaning the burn tubes? I'm curious if there is any appreciable difference or is it unnecessary. Thoughts?
Vogelzang Colonial installed in '15 with approximately 4 cords run through it per year. Very little creosote cleaned out of the chimney at the end of each year; maybe enough to fill an 8 ounce coffee mug.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fired the stove up at the"suggestion"of the Wife this morning. Question for tube stove owners: how often are you tearing out the tubes and baffle boards and cleaning the burn tubes? I'm curious if there is any appreciable difference or is it unnecessary. Thoughts?
Vogelzang Colonial installed in '15 with approximately 4 cords run through it per year. Very little creosote cleaned out of the chimney at the end of each year; maybe enough to fill an 8 ounce coffee mug.

You need to clean on top of the baffle every time you clean the chimney. This can be either through the outlet when you pull the pipe. Or by pulling the tubes. You really shouldn't ever have to clean the tubes.

Reactions: ThunderMedic
The baffle and insulation come out every time I clean the liner. But I've never cleaned the tubes themselves.

Secondaries seem to be roaring right along. I think I'll be good for at least another year. 886d2e334c832d94801b808ac655ef19.jpg