w ky family without power for a week just got it back on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hensonconst1

Jan 10, 2009
Western KY
You guys should have seen this stuff. it was wicked. My chimney got nocked down so we had a good kerosene heater but 3 days ago the wick went out. As you can imagine now stores had one. Luckily our neighbors had power and didn't need theirs still alot of people without. I had to reconnect the nuetral wire outsid of the weatherhead myself. power company to busy but I have three small children and I had had it. My kids stayed warm and they still are so I feel in some sort of control. I am one of the only people with a phone so we are making it just wanted to say hi.

I will have some pics shortly.

Welcome back to civilization fm. Sorry to hear about the chimney, but good to hear that you and your family are ok. Was it a tree limb that knocked it down?

Yeah I cut it up before my wife took a picture of it and the big A limb that fell on my wood pile, I wish I had took a pic of that one it was very convienant. I own a construction company so business is good. But I try not to think of it like that seems a little rude seeing what it has done to everyone.

In the big ice storm up here before Christmas there was one family in NH that didn't get power back until after new years! I think they were the last in the state. Having heat is great, glad to hear you stayed warm anyway, and had good neighbors.

Good to hear you came out well. That surely had to be a big mess down there.

it was one lane roads for two days down here. Now you cant get around town becuase of all of the tree services. The out of town guys seem to be ripping everybody off. Well thoughs who actually pay them

Welcome back FamilyMan! Great to hear your safe and sound. Several of our friends power and phones are still out too but more and more seem to be getting things back together each day. We lost everything for a few days ourself and have spent the rest of these days trying to help out the ones that are still down. Heck of an experience wasn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.