Warm Morning 701a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodsHAM

Burning Hunk
May 28, 2015
WV
Picked up a warm morning for the garage this summer and brings back memories growing up as that is what my grandparents heated their home with. Question i have is where the exit is for the stove pipe, is there any type of baffle that would go there ? Mine is wide open direct to the single wall pipe.

Picked up a warm morning for the garage this summer and brings back memories growing up as that is what my grandparents heated their home with. Question i have is where the exit is for the stove pipe, is there any type of baffle that would go there ? Mine is wide open direct to the single wall pipe.

I realize your post is more than a year old, and that you are probably not monitoring it anymore... but if you are: I just got a 701A, and it does not have a baffle either. Since mine appears to be in great shape, I don't think there is supposed to be anything there. BTW: I LOVE the 701A. It is currently in the garage, but I am actually considering installing a pipe and moving it into the house. It delivers a great heat that is easy on wood, and burns for a good 10 hours once hot and then dampened down.