We are blessed!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Jason721

Nov 4, 2017
southern indiana
We got hit by a ice storm in my area last night. Power has been out since 1:00am and its now 9:15pm supposed to be out for a couple of days. Wood stove putting out heat. Daughter, son in law, 4 grandkids nice and warm. Neighbors invited to warm up or stay if needed...
Times like this is worth the time we are givein to do what is need to help others and ourselves! Not an big emergency by no means in my book. It could always be worse.the man above looked out for us today as always! Today I am one blessed man!

We had an outage today too. Had to fire up the genny for the sump pump but heat was no issue. Its nice knowing I have heat not dependent on outside fuel/energy sources. I have enough wood for about 3 years if I use it sparingly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It is truly a blessing to be provided a way and means to heat your family's home.

Power was restored early this morning. It was out for 3 1/2 days..stove done it's job keeping the house toasty. Generator kept lights on, fridge and freezer going. Been nice if it was big enough to power the water heater.(thinking of upgrading to a PTO generator for the tractor) The stove heated water for doing dishes and washing up. All in all not to bad.

What a great blessing to be able to care for your family and neighbors. We've had your current experience a few times and it is always wonderful to not have to worry about warmth and being able to extend an invitation to those around us.