We may have found winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loon, I should have guessed that. Loon lake is beautiful. Great view. The lake actually is frozen...this winter, almost surprising. I'm not too far from you. We're fortunate to have homes on these lakes. Family is from the area--since around 1812. My heart is in my woodlot...that's where I feel at home and at peace. From your view, I'd speculate you feel the same there.

We were thinking years ago about having power brought in and tearing down the old cottage to build a new home. But ended up moving halfway out to the lake and leaving it alone ;-)

loon

Gasifier said:
I just posted in another thread about the same subject. Sorry about that Backwoods Savage. Didn't mean to steal your topic there. :lol: We just got about 4" of heavy, wet snow. Now it is 35 and raining. Hope it all melts away. I was enjoying a little work in the woods with no snow on the ground.

Nothing to be sorry about Gasifier. Sorry about that rain though. That must have made a mess.

That rain lasted a little while then turned back to snow. We got another inch. But probably lost one of the first 4 with the rain. :) I had a good time this morning. I told my wife I had hoped I wouldn't have to get the tractor out to move the snow. She said, "Oh ya! Right. I bet you don't want to do that." Hey, unfortunately the snow is really built up by the road where the plow had pushed it all up, and I gotta clean up my father's road a bit. ;-) The kubota does a nice job.

bogydave said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Sorry I haven't been on the forum because of Internet problems.

This morning I pushed around about 5" of the albino rain. Looks like it is still done even though this morning they said another 3-7" for today. That was a joke as when I looked at the radar we could see the end of the snow was just a few miles west of us. Sometimes those fools at the weather office make you wonder. Methinks they've gone the way of the television. That it, try to make mountains our of mole hills. Build it up to sound terrible. Put a scare into people. Instead, most just laugh at their stupidity. Better to tell it like it is rather than making a fool of themselves.

Looks like it may hang around a while. A bit colder there at night.
Hopefully some sunny days & it'll be gone :)
Did the wind show up yet?

To snow off & on here all week, few inches at a time. 6" of new stuff in the past 3 days.
for you folks who forgot what winter looks like:

HehHeh . . . I talked to my sister and she is all bummed . . . she was in a conference in Ohio and now is heading/in Florida for another conference (she's a cardiac tech) . . . she's ticked that she is missing the Iron Dog and Fur Rendezvous (she works some with fur) and is dreading the heat in Florida . . . and on top of that her boss is trying to convince her to go to Disneyland (meanwhile she's lobbying for a kayak trip in some alligator infested swamp.)

4-5 inches of heavy, set snow here . . . but the motherload from this storm was north of us . . . 20 inches up in Madawaska.

Locally, 10"-14" since yesterday afternoon till today around noon.
Snowmobiliers are real happy this weekend! (Skiers, too)

Forget the 60 MPH blasts last night, the wind is down to a dull roar now.

The snow this year has been like the perfect woman . . . she comes, and then she goes back to where she came from. Repeat regularly.

Back in the 40's for the week ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.