Webbing coming out from KE1107 door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jul 15, 2019
Wyoming
over the past season the webbing that is between the door frame and glass has been working itself out. Recently a corner portion was pulled out (thank you my toddler). Anybody know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks.

Attachments

• DD5FCB36-1134-48C8-8AD2-01EC47AF1C3B.jpeg
    DD5FCB36-1134-48C8-8AD2-01EC47AF1C3B.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 154
You need new gasket. Pull the glass retainers and replace it. Not a big deal as long as the screws come out

You need new gasket. Pull the glass retainers and replace it. Not a big deal as long as the screws come out

It’s a bit worse, the door gasket sits on top of the glass retainers so your doing both door and glass gaskets.

It’s a bit worse, the door gasket sits on top of the glass retainers so your doing both door and glass gaskets.
Yeah i forgot about that. You are absolutly right. But it does protect the fasteners for the glass retainers so they dont get seized up.

Yeah i forgot about that. You are absolutly right. But it does protect the fasteners for the glass retainers so they dont get seized up.
The screws are located under the braided gasket I’m sensing. Do you two know of any videos that shows the removal of the glass retainer? Thanks your responses!

The screws are located under the braided gasket I’m sensing. Do you two know of any videos that shows the removal of the glass retainer? Thanks your responses!
Yeah i forgot the fasteners are under the door gasket. Highbeam pointed that out already. It really is pretty straight forward pull the gasket take the nuts off that will free up the glass. Then install new gaskets.

After you get it out go to hardware store for new screws for any buggered up.

On this stove there are studs welded to the door and what you remove are relatively large nuts. All of this is under the door gasket.

Yeah it shouldnt be hard at all as long as they arent to covered in silicone from the gasket. They are protected from heat and corrosives very well

Yeah it shouldnt be hard at all as long as they arent to covered in silicone from the gasket. They are protected from heat and corrosives very well

I guess that is the bright side of covering up the glass fasteners with a door gasket. I always thought it was just to get a thinner door frame.

Is door glass gasket generic or is it like door gasket where oem is much different?

I guess that is the bright side of covering up the glass fasteners with a door gasket. I always thought it was just to get a thinner door frame.

Is door glass gasket generic or is it like door gasket where oem is much different?
We carry several different glass gaskets on the truck. We have one that matches fine. We also carry lots rolls of door gasket. It is very rare we don't have the right stuff on hand. But no you won't be able to just buy it at the hardware store. For most people ordering the gasket from the manufacturer is the best option.

Reactions: Highbeam