Weirdest Scrounge Ever?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myzamboni

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 22, 2007
Silicon Valley
So I'm out with the better half enjoying a really nice weekend out on the left coast. After grabbing lunch we stop in at a store for her to RETURN something (woohoo!). As she's waiting in line to do so I start wandering arouund and find what you see in the pic below. I figure its' almost a half cord as it is 4 rows the loengh of the bed. I asked what they were going to do with the wood when they are done with this display and I was told to call tomorrow when the store manager was in. Oh, and it is kiln-dried oad.

Attachments

• split bed.jpg
    split bed.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 928
myzamboni said:
So I'm out with the better half enjoying a really nice weekend out on the left coast. After grabbing lunch we stop in at a store for her to RETURN something (woohoo!). As she's waiting in line to do so I start wandering arouund and find what you see in the pic below. I figure its' almost a half cord as it is 4 rows the loengh of the bed. I asked what they were going to do with the wood when they are done with this display and I was told to call tomorrow when the store manager was in. Oh, and it is kiln-dried oad.

I think your wife set you up, she just wants to go back.

Zap

Oh.My.God.
That is the weirdest and most unbelievably useful store dispay I've ever seen. It would also be a very bad night's sleep. But it's got to be the score of the year.

Thats awesome.

Don't smoke in bed.

That would be great if they let you have it. Isn't oak somewhat rare out there ?
Let us know what the manager says, I am sure they paid for it.

That must be where the expression "don't let the bed bugs bite" comes from.

Looks more comfortable them some hotel beds I've slept in.
Nice score

Platform bed with splits around the perimeter ?

Looks like a L.L. Bean or an outdoor outfitters catalogue photoshoot.

Real wood ? :)

certainly weird, happy burning!

Yup... that's a weird scrounge all right, btw do Oaks even grow out in CA?

Not so fast bucko's. I think the owners husband is pulling a tax and income dodge. That's right. Have the store buy a cord. Use it for a display for a month. Write it off. Take it home. Burn the evidence and tell the tax boys some guy came round and took it off your hand and only had to pay him a $100 to take it to the landfill.

You're gonna be sorry!!!! :snake:

yeah Savage, as Adabiviak says lots, but I scrounge and everyone out here knows they can charge for it (even the CLers)

And I left a voicemail, so we'll see what happens.

Looks almost as uncomfortable as the worn-out mattress in our sofabed.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Be careful!
Before you know it your wife will want one and you will be caring your firewood into the house for more reasons than burning...

Well, no dice. Apparently the wood goes back to their displays division with all the other quirky displays this store uses.

It was worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.