What day is it, really?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
My calendar says we're past the Vernal Equinox and nearing the end of March. My weather seems either to be not paying attention or simply choosing to ignore all that. <> equinox2.jpg

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
Better you than me!

Seriously, the last three winters sucked.

Foss, if that is your house and I think it is that is sweet. I saw it in one of your other posts.
Too bad about your weather. We have not had a fire in about a week or so. 70's day, mid 50's night.
Everything starting to get green and bloom here and the peepers are a singing at night. =

that's the kind of weather we expect here on any given day until mid April. Just another day in the 70's for us today though :)

Meanwhile I'm dying up here in Maine from the unusually warm heat today . . . thinking about uncovering the pool this weekend.

Meanwhile I'm dying up here in Maine from the unusually warm heat today . . . thinking about uncovering the pool this weekend.

Shorts and tank top I gather Jake?;lol
I bet we are gonna sweat our a$$es off this summer..
Just sayin...have a feeling..

Shorts and tank top I gather Jake?;lol
I bet we are gonna sweat our a$$es off this summer..
Just sayin...have a feeling..

Sadly no . . . poly cotton uniform . . . but the AC is on . . . and the shorts and T-shirt will be the clothing later this afternoon.

Rick, that is what we normally see in March around these parts. Not so this year. Our thermometers topped 90 today!!! Normal highs are in the 40's and lows in the 20's.

It's not really all that unusal for us here, either...I'm just jealous of the unseasonably warm temps so many on the east side of the contorted jet stream are experiencing.

Hey, it is really nice for riding the bike! Rode to town today rather than driving. Takes a little longer but the ride is very nice. Not normal though to be riding this much in March....or April either. Taking advantage though as only one more day like this left for a while.

It can snow here in June. I've seen May.
As long as it doesn't freeze hard and destroy fruit sets it can snow.

Upper 60's here, and 50ish at night (45ish here in Ice Hollow)... no fires in either stove all week (woots! as I look at the wood piles
grinning-smiley-031.gif
)

'Course I know at any day it could change, but the daffodillies are blooming, and the hyacinths are getting ready to let off some awesome smells ! Lilacs are budding, and I have mole burrows in the front yard... drives Murph crazy
animal0019.gif

I agree with Gamma, we're gonna roast this summer.

On the plus side, gonna spend some serious time with the ponies this weekend
cool-smiley-019.gif

Sorry about the snow, Rick.. hope it melts soon.

Very warm here today. Almost 80. I have been sweating while working in jeans and a t-shirt. The worst part is, if you are near the end of the day, the misquitoes have come out like a dam swarm of bees that are pissed off! I had to go in early last night because of them. That can't be a good sign. I also hope we are not in the 90s too much this year. I don't like the heat much.

Hey, it is really nice for riding the bike! Rode to town today rather than driving. Takes a little longer but the ride is very nice. Not normal though to be riding this much in March....or April either. Taking advantage though as only one more day like this left for a while.

Hah, pulled out the bike and rode to Northampton and back today - most on the bike path (thanks, taxpayers)...
It was about 17 miles total and perfect weather. Bright sun and mid-70's....

80 something coming Friday but then it ramps down a little with rain and nights in the low 40's for a while. I ain't putting the Super Cedars away just yet.

It's not really all that unusal for us here, either...I'm just jealous of the unseasonably warm temps so many on the east side of the contorted jet stream are experiencing.

We've been running 5-10 degrees below normal for several weeks now. I never have burned 24/7 this late in the season. Looking forward to the end of this stuff and hopefully before all the fruit trees bloom. We have a Santa Rosa plum that is not going to bear fruit this year due to early blooming. And it looks like our apricots will be next.

The old record high for Caribou was 46*. It was 75*

Hard to imagine considering it's still winter here. Was -3* this morning.

We've been running 5-10 degrees below normal for several weeks now. I never have burned 24/7 this late in the season. Looking forward to the end of this stuff and hopefully before all the fruit trees bloom. We have a Santa Rosa plum that is not going to bear fruit this year due to early blooming. And it looks like our apricots will be next.
We're running about 20-30 degrees over normal temps and I don't think I've ever STOPPED burning this early! :eek:

You can literally watch the grass grow around here. My yard looks different at 3pm compared to 9am!

I sincerely hope this weather settles down for you folks before too long. It may seem fun now, but not if the trend continues into summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.