What does a hearth extension actually look like??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About so big by yay long, you get the picture. It is really a non combustible surface in front of the stove. Could be tile...

What sort of hearth is that you're looking to extend? How would you like the extension to appear? What's the flooring adjacent to the existing hearth? How far out do you need to extend it? Any pics? Rick

Thats what I figured. I need to actually extend my hearth though. Its only 20" and the stoves front legs need to be 24 inches from the front of the old fireplace opening. So I actually need to build out the hearth at the current height of 12" above the floor. Has this ever been done? Thanks. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.