What I did on my Christmas Vacation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisN

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2005
Southeastern, Ct
The Scene: Eastern Connecticut, late December 2005.

Dad: Boys. this is a damn good amount of wood we got. Once we see how this stacks up, we just might be good to go for next season.

Son #2: What does that mean?

Dad: Well we might already have enough wood to get us through next winter.

Son #2: Great, so that means we have this same thing to look forward to doing a year from now?

Son #1: No Dan, that means we can look forward to being warm next winter.

The Moral of the Story: Sometimes the lessons parents try to drive into their kids' heads do eventually sink in.

This pile of wood is between 12 and 15 tightly packed Fod Ranger P/U loads. All of it came from friend's yards and lots. total cost: My labor + 2 cases of "thank-you" beer. I won't try to guess how many cords, until I get it stacked. I plan on leaving it piled until the end of the burning season, then stack it where my current stacks will no longer be.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 792
Status
Not open for further replies.