What Is A Blaze King Princess Selling For These Days?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highbeam said:
The Buck91 is quite large at 4.4 CF but lacks a thermostat for the long even burns and is even more "unique" in appearance than the BK. Unfortunately, Buck doesn't offer a medium sized stove on a 6" flue to be comparable to the princess.

I suppose we could also consider the X-large VC but that seems to be a nightmare to operate.

It's all about burn times.

OT, I know, I know. But since we are on the "whats it worth" topic, a used Buck 91, what range you think the value would be?

What is the new price, and how old? It's going to be tough to move a used stove with the current 30% rebates.

Highbeam said:
It's going to be tough to move a used stove with the current 30% rebates.

True dat. For the next year and a half.

The Buck 91 lists for around $2,300. But since it could be 20 years old who knows what it is worth?

The buck is 5 years old, the guy had it professionally installed and said they just did a slammer install, would that hurt a cat stove in anyway? He is moving so he is looking at getting $500 for it, I think its a good deal but my next issue would be I only have a 6" liner in my chimney and that thing is 8", I could do an 8" to 6" converter but not sure about that, I do have very good draw on my insulated liner.

What can the Buck do for you that the Sierra isn't doing?

mellow said:
The buck is 5 years old, the guy had it professionally installed and said they just did a slammer install, would that hurt a cat stove in anyway? He is moving so he is looking at getting $500 for it, I think its a good deal but my next issue would be I only have a 6" liner in my chimney and that thing is 8", I could do an 8" to 6" converter but not sure about that, I do have very good draw on my insulated liner.

500 for the buck 91 is a great deal if the stove is in working order. has replacable parts/serviceable model
great stove ime, but very big. measure your fp, and the 91 carefully. particularly the depth of flue collar vs. lentil depth

i've installed the earthstove bv with the 8x6 reducer(which is permitted in the manual, btw not that many 8" models do) and it has always performed well

I am just across the bay Mellow. When you get the Buck in and want that Sierra hauled off, give me a shout. :cheese:

This tax credit efficiency thing is bogus. Look on the back on any EPA stove and you'll find the name of the lab that tested the product. There is OMNI in Portland, Oregon, Myron Consulting in WA and Warnock Hersey in (well everywhere).

It turns out that there were five different mathematical formulas the manufacturers could choose from. Some of them even did their own math in the own places of business. My Blaze King King Parlor certificate says tested at the OMNI place in Oregon.

All these jacked up numbers were done just to stimulate wood stove sales. If there is any truth, just look at the brochures from these companies last year. The numbers for Quad, Vermont, heck all of them went up 10% or more! As another post says, the Blaze King efficiency number hasn't changed. I did call them in Walla Walla WA and they said the Low Heat Value Efficiency for my King Parlor was 91+%! But they cautioned that the actual overall efficiency was 82.5% No jacked up numbers.....

The people at Blaze King, their hearth dealers and the people at OMNI were all great to talk with. Call the test agency listed on the label and ask them your questions.

I think when this whole thing came out they made a mistake and realized not too many wood stoves hit that 75% efficiency with the old testing methods so the industry pushed to change the testing procedures so their stoves would qualify and not be left out of the pie. It's still a good thing, many smoke dragons will get retired which is good for all.

Yeah it's good if it gets all the old polluters out, but there still should be some credible numbers. Based on what I was told, the numbers are all apples, oranges, bananas etc. You can't compare them to one another. No matter, I have my King and it's awesome...

I bought my BK PI for $1,850 from a appliance store in Wisconsin. This included the blower and surround. I am trying to get it installed but needed a different elbow to make the connection to the stove.
Spent $75 on a universal SS joint at the fancy stove shop.

Gonna wait for the snow to melt before getting on the roof to pull up the SS liner to get the joint in place. I also was challenged with the Century insert when I installed that. Needed a 45 degree elbow, but it will not work with the BK.
I need a pep talk, Jim

In Connecticut the Blaze King Princess goes for $3300+ tax and "they never go on sale". I bought a Fireview

Status
Not open for further replies.